June Glossybox | Hello Summer!

7.21.2017

Welcome to the June Glossybox Unboxing! How's your summer going? It's been an interesting summer here in Missouri - humid, hot, rainy, stormy, bright. I love me some summer thunderstorms, but this Missouri humidity always has me running for air conditioning! Well, this Glossybox contains several products aimed for that summer heat, sun, and water. Wanna know if I liked any of these products? Keep on reading!



Starting off this unboxing, is a product that had packaging that made me super excited about it. I haven't heard of Bang Beauty before and the packaging really made think it was going to be a higher end, awesome product. If you have read previous posts where I've received cream products then you know that I am just not a huge fan of cream and liquid products. Now, I understand that cream and liquid products stay on MUCH better in the summer and wear really evenly and naturally than powder products do. And this particular cream product is marketed as a multi use product for cheeks, lips, or eyes. This shade is not a color I would wear on my lips and most definitely not on my eyes, and when I tried it out on my cheeks it was just a big NO for me! I don't like the golden sheen/shimmer in it and I didn't like how this cream formula felt on my face. It is vegan and cruelty free, but this product will be passed on to someone that will enjoy it.

This moisturizer is "inspired by Photo-Beauty therapy" and is suppose to plump and smooth your skin. But I do not like it. It smells strongly of baby powder and doesn't really go away after I apply it. My husband even noticed that my face smelled weird! The texture is very slippery and watery almost, it doesn't really feel like my skin is absorbing the product. Just not my favorite moisturizer and I've already got one that I really like. So this is being passed on.


I would love to tell you what shade of polish this is but I cannot find it on the bottle and I already threw the little box away that it came in. When looking at the website I am guessing that it is the shade Mariolis, because it looks pretty identical. Anyways, I would probably never purchase a $14 nail polish, BUT  I did stop purchasing Essie since they are not cruelty free and I hate spending $7 for their polish. Since this brand is cruelty free, 5 free, and vegan I would consider purchasing from them  if I ever found a unique polish that I felt I needed in my collection. You can see little gold shimmers in the bottle on this polish, but they don't really show up when applied to your nails. It's a gorgeous pale, peachy pink that I think is perfect as a nude summer nail. Also, this formula is pretty bomb and I LOVE the brush on it!


I don't have experience using oval brushes, so I was a little intimidated seeing this in the box, but also excited. It is an extremely soft, dense brush, but the plastic handle made it feel a little cheap. I have only tried it twice, with two different foundations. It performed beautifully with my Maybeline Fit Me foundation, which is a very fluid liquid foundation. It didn't leave any streaks, blended my foundation into my skin smoothly, and was super easy to use all over my face. When I tried it with my Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation I did not like it. The Revlon foundation is not as fluid as the Maybelline Fit Me formula. The Revlon foundation is a little thicker, so the brush did not smooth it out very well. It seemed to make my foundation patchy when I tried blending it in and It was just not working well with that thicker foundation formula. So my guess is that these types of dense, oval brushed work fantastic with thin, fluid, liquid foundation formulas and that's about it. I'll continue to use it, just not sure how often.


Face oils are super popular right now. If you are on Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, etc. you have seen or heard something about face oils and how they are so good for your skin and makeup application. No matter how many people I see use face oils, I'm just not into it. I have naturally oily skin so putting more oil on my face does not sound like a good idea. I use a moisturizer under my foundation and that keeps my skin hydrated and healthy and I don't end up looking like an oil slick by the end of the day. So when I saw this oil I knew that I wasn't going to like using it, but I wanted to give it a shot and it was not good with my skin type. I didn't actually wear makeup after I put it on because it just made my face so shiny and oily and it my skin never really absorbed it. Maybe over continued use the oil improves your skin, but I just can't stand how it felt and left my skin looking, so I will be passing this along too.


So that concludes June's Glossybox. Definitely not my favorite, but I appreciate the different products that they included. I really enjoy getting makeup brushes and products like blush and fingernail polish and I was a bit surprised to see a face oil. So I like what they were going for, it just didn't all work out for me so it was kind of a let down. If you would like to see my first reactions to these products check out my YouTube video here! Go ahead and subscribe while you're there to stay informed about new videos I post.

Let me know what you think of these products and if you would use them! You can sign up for Glossybox here and receive a new box of goodies every month to your door! Thanks for hanging out with me today guys! See you next time!

No comments

Say hello.